Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve!

Every Christmas Eve since I've been alive, I gather with my mom's side of the family for dinner on Christmas Eve and to read the Christmas story from the book of Luke. Then, I gather with my dad's side and open presents and eat and laugh again. I usually stay up late hanging out with my parents, go to sleep, and then wake up Christmas morning to open presents from my parents. That's just always been the tradition. And it's one I cherish. What's yours?

Note: I was informed a few days after I scheduled this post that the above tradition is not happening this year. There will be no family Christmas Eve gathering to read the Christmas story. I am, of course, somewhat appalled, but I suppose I'll have to start some tradition of my own... any recommendations?

1 comment:

Molly said...

Tis Molly, your favorite cousin on the planet. It's happening on Christmas evening. Are you going back before then?????