Thursday, October 2, 2008

Meet Penny the Cat and a Rabbit

So, yeah, there's a cat living with me now. Her name is Penny, and she's probably somewhere between 75 and 100 years old. Toys don't amuse her, and she has to take two-hour-long naps if she walks from one room to the other. She does, however, enjoy eating and will do it pretty much any time you happen to give her some food. She's a sweet cat though, and she enjoys purring, cuddling and pawing pretty much any time you will give her attention.

I also met a rabbit the other day. I'm not sure what its name is, it just happened to be hanging around outside the building where I teach each Monday and Wednesday. At Marshall University, we had hordes of squirrels. At Virginia Tech, it seems as though you can always find a rabbit lurking under a bush on campus. This little guy wouldn't let me get close enough to get a very good photo with my phone's camera, but you can tell he (or she perhaps) is not very big. The rabbit eventually scampered off around the the other side of the building, but I hope to see it again soon.

No comments: