Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sept. 11 — We Still Remember


Today is Sept. 11, 2008. Seven years ago, terrorists attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and attempted to direct another plane into Washington, D.C, that was eventually crashed in Pennsylvania because of the efforts of brave American men and women.

The responsible bastard, Osama bin Laden, is still on the loose. The Bush Administration has failed to bring the mastermind behind the dreadful attacks to justice.

Take time today to be thankful for the terrorists the U.S. military and its allies have been able to take out thus far, though, and also for the fact that we will soon have a new, hopefully more responsible and focused leader in office. Also, let us remember those precious Americans who we lost on that dreadful day that became known as 9/11. It is still so vivid in my memory where I was when the attacks happened. That event changed the world forever, and it is for my generation what the Kennedy assassination and Pearl Harbor were for the ones before it.

Here is the list of those we lost.

Leave your own comment about where you were and what you were doing when the attacks happened and/or how it has affected your life.

1 comment:

JD said...

I guess I'll start off the comments.

I was in English class... junior year of high school.

A teacher from another room rushed in, turned on the TV and said, "Look at what's going on!"

The first tower was already in flames. We watched in horror, and some students let out a gasp when we all saw the second plane hit the second tower.

Class ended shortly thereafter, and I skipped all of the rest of my classes that day and just headed up to the JROTC building.

I, along with my JROTC instructors, were glued to the TV. Once speculation began that it had been a terrorist attack orchestrated by a group from Afghanistan, my life became clear to me — I had to make them pay.

I made the decision in Sept. 2001 to join the U.S. Army. Less than 13 months later, Oct. 8, 2002, I raised my right hand and signed on the dotted line.

I never got the chance to go to Afghanistan. I never got to make anyone pay who was responsible for the attacks. The mastermind has yet to be brought to justice.

Still yet, God Bless America.