Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yard Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Game


Well, it's been fun. This whole series of "Yard Wars" posts has been driven by one theme. The return of football season and the excitement it brings for football fans, which I think includes a growing number of people each year if merchandise, TV audiences and stadium sales are any indication.

One week from today, the first snap of football season will occur. Two weeks from today, the NFL will begin its regular season. It's here, ladies and gentlemen. Every snap, every smashing tackle, every devastating interception, every thundering sack, every crackling kick and every catch, drop, fumble and stutter will be in full play. Are you ready? I know I am.

Tell your story in the comments section about what you did in the off season to quench your thirst for football, or talk about why you are really looking forward to this season. For me, I held myself over by playing football video games and watching (I know, I know) the AFL. I can't wait for this season to start to see my Thundering Herd with an actual recruiting class for the first time in a few years and to see the Carolina Panthers with a healthy Jake Delhomme. Oh, and of course, how 'bout them Hokies?

No comments: