Here's an appropriate summer post, referred by the guys at the THINKing blog. They tagged some people they'd like to take a shot at the meme, and I happened to be one of them. So, since they put my name on their blog, I'm returning the favor and also getting a cool idea for a post all at once. If you get a chance, you should check out their blog. If you're interested in blogging, PR, marketing or any related topic, it's a great one to subscribe to. And, they are located in one of my favorite places — Charlotte, N.C.
4 things you like about summer
- More free time, especially to read something more than a journal article
- Being near water, whether fishing or at the beach
- Going outdoors to hike, shoot hoops or cookout with friends
- Comfy clothes, namely, shorts
4 of your favorite vacation destinations
- Nags Head, N.C.
- Ocracoke Island, N.C.
- Ocean City, Md.
- Tie: Myrtle Beach, S.C. and Washington, D.C.
4 of your favorite summer foods
- Yellow squash/zucchini
- Silver Queen corn
- Grilled meats
4 movies not to miss (originally concerts, but I don't really go to concerts)
- The Dark Knight
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- The X-Files: I Want to Believe
- Get Smart
4 things to avoid during the summer
- Camp Shelby, Mississippi
- If you're a graduate student, your academic building
- Camp Shelby, Mississippi (I know from experience, it deserves to appear twice)
Thanks for tuning in. If you didn't catch yesterday's important Independence Day message, I recommend you check it out. Please leave comments or link back to this blog and carry on the summer meme so readers can check out new people's lists! Hope everyone had a great Fourth of July. Expect to hear about the Olympic games, my trip to the Newseum, PR vs. journalism thoughts and more in upcoming posts!