Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Loaded with Links



I would be amiss if I didn't start off today's blog post referencing this somewhat hilariously inelegant pitch from a DraftFCB intern. I hope I never so inappropriately pitch something, and if I do, hopefully I'll remember to take my company's Web site and my title off so it at least looks somewhat legitimately like I'm a real Joe who just stumbled upon the video. I do wish they would've provided the link, though. (THINKing)

The Bush Administration has gone too far! We can't let one of the coolest animals of all time cease to exist in the continental United States. Of course, I'm still scratching my head a bit on this one. Stan Lee always led me to believe that Wolverines were uncannily, astonishingly, ultimately, tough. (Source and photo: Defenders of Wildlife)

Sheila Ellis, of The Roanoke Times, writes about the current situation involving service workers in the economy. This story examines the recession's effects on those who rely on tips for their wages. Have your tipping practices changed lately? Do you think the U.S. should adopt a system similar to other countries where tipping is faux pas and just make restaurants pay workers at least minimum wage? I'm interested in your comments. (The Roanoke Times)

Neilsen determines that video viewing, whether on the Web, mobile usages or on TV is still on the rise, compared to data from last year. (International Herald Tribune)

Are you upgrading to the new iPhone 3G or getting an iPhone for the first time when it releases this Friday? Leave some comments about your iPhone opinions. I personally want one and feel the new prices are fair for the amount of versatility of the device, but I think the data packages to make such phones usable is a bit outrageous. (AT&T)

Recently, I've been informed that my membership is requested in a new superhero group, one that will possibly be cooler than the Avengers and the X-Men combined. (Blog!)

Tune in tomorrow as I celebrate one month of continuous daily blogging with a review of our top trafficked and linked-to posts!

No comments: